What Is Church?
Church is more than just the building Christians meet in! Church is a meeting of God’s family – people who have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ – and of people who want to find out about God.
What Do We Believe?
Richmond Anglican is a Reformed Evangelical Church.
- We believe that God is good, and made this world perfect.
- We believe that the world is now broken by human sin.
- We believe that God chose to heal this world by taking the effects and punishment for sin upon himself, as the man Jesus.
- We believe that Jesus was raised from death, and now rules over everything.
- We believe that faith in Jesus and obedience to God fulfils our purpose in this life, and brings a Joy which will last even into eternity!
- We believe that God has worked these amazing things so that He might be glorified and honoured like he deserves.
For more information about what we believe click the link below to read the Apostles Creed and Nicene Creed that we firmly hold to and say regularly during our church services.
What Do We Do At Church?
When we meet on Sundays, we like to
- Praise God, by talking about him and singing together
- Listen to God, by the reading and preaching of the Bible
- Talk to God, through our songs, and praying together
- Afterwards we hang out over morning tea/supper
– you can participate as much or as little as you would like!
You’re invited to join us at any of our Sunday worship services
Come into Historic St Peters Church for a traditional Anglican Prayer Book Service, accompanied by hymns on the pipe organ
Run with families in mind, this service includes a creche and Kids Church program during the school term. This service is held in the Church Hall.
Our evening service has a more youthful, contemporary feel, yet is enjoyed by members of all ages.
How To Find Us
Drive along Windsor St West, away from the Town Centre, and towards the mountains.
Continue west from the small round about on Bosworth St, about 400 metres. You will see a small white church building on your right, and on your left is a larger church building and a newer hall. The driveway is on the left immediately BEFORE these buildings. Ample off street parking is available.
The 9am Traditional Service is held in the large historical church – St Peters. Access is through the main doors which face the road.
Both the 10am and 6pm services are held in the Hall. There is a small grass area between St Peters and the Hall, and access to the Hall faces this area.
Arriving 15 minutes prior to the service will allow us time to welcome you and show you around before we begin.