Richmond Anglican’s youth program Rest·Awe Youth provides a trainee leadership program called “Re·Cruit” for youth group members in Term 4 of Year 10 or above. We want to encourage and develop a culture of discipleship through providing many ways for youth to be equipped and mentored.
Trainee leaders are provided with the following opportunities:
– Support and training to engage in different aspects of leadership on a Friday night that compliments their own preferences and gifting’s (e.g. playing music, running technical equipment, planning a game, assisting to lead a small group).
– Training activities that further equip them in their own area of service, as well as Biblical understanding and servant leadership. This includes leader training once a term and our annual youth leader’s retreat.
– Mentoring provided by a senior leader each term. This involves setting and reviewing goals in the areas of character, convictions and competencies to prioritise their personal and spiritual growth.
– To hear quality Bible teaching at conferences such as KYCK.
– To receive discounted rates to the annual Youthworks Leaders in Training Conference.
We celebrate that we have had 16 youth who are currently in or have completed this program since 2016 and praise God that 10 of them decided to stay on as youth group leaders after finishing high school.
If you have any further questions about this program please contact Miki at firstname.lastname@example.org.